West Chamber Accepting Board of Directors Applications for 2016
Posted on: October 22, 2015
Please return applications to Pam Bales
Deadline November 6th!
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors for The West Chamber – Serving Jefferson County. This form will be reviewed by the Chamber’s Nominating Committee when creating a slate of candidates to fill vacancies for Board of Director positions. In order for the Nominating Committee to attain the best slate of candidates we do ask that you please complete the following application in full. This does not guarantee your nomination, but if chosen, we want to offer you a rewarding opportunity and make the most of your special talents and expertise for the benefit of the entire Chamber.
Please note The West Chamber’s Board of Directors govern and operate utilizing the principles of Policy Governance.
Chamber Mission: The West Chamber is in business to build a stronger local economy, to promote the community, to provide exclusive benefits, to advocate for our business with government and to provide leadership and collaboration.
Terms of Service: Three year terms (typically beginning January 1st); may serve a maximum of two consecutive three year terms with exceptions made for those serving the role of chair, chair-elect and immediate past chair.
A Chamber board member is one who:
• Has solid ethics, a strong community involvement and belief in the purpose of The West Chamber – Serving Jefferson County
• Available to attend monthly board meetings (currently the third Wednesday of the month from 8:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M.)
• Has demonstrated ability through committee service or other community service
• Has a great deal of energy and enthusiasm
• Has time to commit to the Chamber, its activities and its Board of Directors
• Is willing to serve on a Chamber committee
• Understands board members are not reimbursed for personal expenses
• Understands the board members may not act where there is real or perceived conflict of interest
• Can serve a for a full term of three years
The following guidelines are used by the Nominating Committee in preparing a slate of candidates to fill vacancies for the Board of Director positions:
• Activity and involvement with The West Chamber
• Tenure as a member of The West Chamber
• Skills, knowledge, experience and education related to the Chamber, its activities, its programs, board responsibilities and to business as a whole
• Primary consideration will be individuals and their potential contribution versus consideration of a single organization